We have 1 day to go before the start of the filing of Certificates of Candidacy by all those running for elective posts for the 2010 Elections.
The Stand hopes to cover the 11-day filing period (November 20 to 30), and update this blog from time-to-time for the official tickets and line-ups for each party, as well as notable candidates for the local positions.
November 19. The Lakas-KAMPI-CMD Party held its national convention to prove that their party, despite numerous defections to other parties in recent weeks, is still formidable in the coming elections. 
In his acceptance speech, Teodoro promised to bring the Lakas-KAMPI-CMD Party to victory in the coming elections.
Pres. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo formally resigned as the party chairman, and handed the post to Teodoro. Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita also resigned as party president, as well as the party’s Secretary-General Gabriel Claudio.
The party also revealed its senatorial slate for the 2010 Elections, but as of now it consisted of only seven:  
* re-electionist Senators Ramon “Bong” Revilla and Lito Lapid;
* Binalonan, Pangasinan Mayor Ramon Guico;
* Secretary to the Cabinet Silvestre Bello III;
* Health Sec. Francisco Duque;
* FPI’s Jesus Arranza; and,
* broadcaster Rey Langit
* Former Senator Serge Osmeña is about to back out of the Liberal Party’s senatorial slate, because of the party’s acceptance of former Senator Ralph Recto, who ran for Senator under the administration banner during the 2007 Elections. UPDATE: Osmeña has bolted LP altogether, for the same reason.
* The Laban ng Demokratikong Pilipino (LDP) and the NPC parties opted not to field its own presidential candidates. Both LDP and NPC are supporting the Vice Presidential candidacy of Sen. Loren Legarda, but not the Presidential candidacy of the her running-mate, Sen. Manny Villar.
Here is an updated, unofficial list of announced Presidential and Vice Presidential tickets for the 2010 Elections, as of November 18. The Senatorial Slates for each party will be coming soon. This list is verified from numerous sources:
also for President
others reported to run for President but has not officially announced his/her candidacy:
- Vice President Manuel “Noli” de Castro
- Sen. Francis “Chiz” Escudero
- MMDA Chairman Bayani Fernando
- Sen. Richard Gordon
- Sen. Maria Ana Consuelo “Jamby” Madrigal