The Lakas-KAMPI-CMD Party is set to announce its standard-bearer for the 2010 Elections this Wednesday, September 16. The party is now down to two contenders: Defense Secretary Gilbert Teodoro and MMDA Chairman Bayani Fernando.
The party has decided not to include Vice President Noli de Castro from their choices, unless de Castro announces his 2010 plans and join the coalition by September 15.
If elections were held today, Noynoy Aquino would be voted by 1 out of two Filipinos for President, according to a recent SWS Survey conducted on September 5 and 6, days before Aquino announced his Presidential bid. Click here for more on this story.
Other headlines picked up by the 2010 Elections Radar this past week:
* “Tandem with Noynoy can wait”, says Mar Roxas
* NP, Villar refuse admin standard bearer offer
* Erap to talk to Noynoy regarding opposition unity
* Binay yields, wants to be Erap’s VP
* Pangilinan gives way, offered spokesperson role
* Legarda to decide this month: President or VP?